- Economic Development
- Small Business Development Center
Small Business Development Center
The Small Business Development Center offers many resources to businesses including:
- The Central Valley Business Incubator (CVBI) is the number one resources for entrepreneurs wishing to start or expand a business. CVBI runs a number of programs aimed at economic development through entrepreneurship.
- The CVBI Online Virtual Incubator Program (VIP) was developed as a mechanism to provide incubation services and technical assistance to entrepreneurs desiring to move an idea to market while working in the convenience of their own space (home/office/community/etc.). Each component is designed to maximize the opportunity for a successful business start.
- CalValleyTech IHub, managed by the Central Valley Business incubator, improves the state's national and global competitiveness by stimulating partnerships, economic development, and job creation around specific research clusters through state-designated iHubs.
- The Water, Energy and Technology (WET) Center, home to the Claude Laval Water and Energy Technology Incubator and the testing facilities of the International Center for Water Technology (ICWT), is providing an entryway for entrepreneurs, innovators and established and start-up businesses to accelerate commercialization, product and business launch and/or the development of practical application of new technologies.
- The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) has a cadre of tested and well-developed programming of established curricula, online services, workshops, a network of stakeholders and resource providers and a staff of experienced and caring counselors who provide direction and follow up necessary to ensure success. SBDC can meet the needs of entrepreneurs with an idea for a new business, innovators who wish to explore a new technology, and business owners looking to strengthen and grow their established small business.