The City Utility Division consists of three separate utilities that provide Hanford residents with crucial services that affect our quality of life.
- Water System - The division's goal is to provide safe, clean water through efficient and effective operation of the water system. Water is delivered to our homes and businesses through an extensive underground pumping and piping system. The division maintains approximately 203 miles of main lines, 15 water supply wells, 3.5 million gallons of storage tanks and over 15,600 individual connections to the system. Last year the utility pumped and delivered over 4.3 billion gallons of water to our customers.
- Sanitary Sewer System - The division's goal is to provide a dependable trouble free sewer collection system through efficient and safe operational procedures. The division maintains approximately 212 miles of main lines and 22 pump stations.
- Storm Drainage System - The division's goal is to provide a safe dependable drainage system through timely cleaning, repair, and maintenance of facilities. The division maintains approximately 56 miles of main lines, 30 pump stations, and 181 acres of drainage basins.
For information regarding the new emergency outdoor water use restrictions click here.
Utility Billing Division
Utility Billing Department Hours: 8am-5pm Monday-Friday
The Utility Billing Division provides customer billing services for water, refuse, and sewer.
To start services you will need to vist the Utility Billing Department offices located at 315 N. Douty Street to fill out an application. Please make sure that you bring a valid/current Government Issued Photo ID. If you are a tenant you will also need to bring in a your rental/lease agreement.
Utility Department Forms
- Start Utility Service Form - Landlords Only
- Start Utility Service Form
- ACH Direct Payment Form
- Stop Utility Service Form
- Landlord Continuous Service Form
- Change Personal Information
- Refuse Service Changes
If you would like to pay your bill online or by phone please click here.
To have questions answered regarding utility services (water, sewer and refuse collection) please call:
|Utility Bills (Turn-offs and Turn-ons)||(559) 585-2510|
|Sewer Service||(559) 585-2551|
|Refuse Pick-Up||(559) 585-2551|
|Maintenance or Repairs||(559) 585-2550|